Position Announcement: Associate General Counsel, Transactions
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Posted by: Diana Villagran
Give your leadership true impact with Presence Health.
Combine your professional skills and leadership abilities to inspire excellence and
enhance the lives of others. Build a career of substance and significant impact with
Presence Health, the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois. Dedicated to
providing quality, compassionate care, our mission-based team is focused on serving
the physical and spiritual needs of our patients. Offering an environment where
passionate, committed individuals make a meaningful difference, we are seeking
an individual with the people skills and professional ability to step into this important role:
Associate General Counsel, Transactions
Chicago Loop office location
As the primary counsel for Presence Medical Group, the confident self-starter we select
for this vital position will report to the Senior Associate General Counsel, Transaction.
Demonstrating excellent follow-through, this consummate professional will perform
high-level legal services for Presence Health and all of its affiliates, and assume significant
responsibility for physician-related and other strategic contract, transactional, and regulatory
issues. This individual will assist in supervising and directing the work of legal interns and
other internal and external legal resources, and work collegially with other attorneys in the
Presence Health Office of Legal Affairs. Additional responsibilities include:
• Providing legal analysis and review, including the identification, analysis, and
resolutions of regulatory issues arising in connection with contracts transactions
and other matters including stark, false claims, anti-kickback and tax exemption
• Coordinate the provision of legal services for and analysis the Presence Medical Group
• Coordinating and managing significant portions of physician and other transactions:
due diligence, document review, identification/resolution of issues, and approvals/closing.
• Engaging in education and effective communication regarding legal issues and developments.
• Assuming responsibility for legal aspects of transactions from start to finish, including preparation/review of legal regulatory filing and governance resolutions documentation
for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other significant transactions/agreements.
• Collaborating with outside legal counsel on regulatory or other legal issues related to transactional matters.
• Developing creative and appropriate transaction structures that address the best
interests of Presence Health and comply with applicable laws.
• Current licensure as an attorney in the state of Illinois or eligibility to practice as
an in-house counsel in Illinois
• Bachelor’s degree and juris doctorate (J.D.)
• Five or more years of full-time experience practicing healthcare law, and/or a
background as an attorney with a law firm recognized for expertise in healthcare law
• Experience with a wide variety of health law and other legal issues related to the
operation of a health system
• Demonstrated strength in the identification, explanation, and resolution of legal issues
• Ability to manage multiple legal demands encompassing a wide variety of issues
in a timely manner
• Ability to effectively prioritize and communicate with clients and others regarding
the status of multiple projects
• Excellent written/verbal communication and analytical skills
• In-house experience with a hospital or health system
Realize the full extent of your abilities with Presence Health, and enjoy the rewards of
helping to lead an organization with the vision to make a positive impact. Take this
outstanding opportunity to excel at your true calling. Learn more and apply today at:
Equal Opportunity Employer